Shower Woes

My Mira shower has now broken for the third time and I'm not prepared to pay for another repair (it's five years old). Is it possible for a competent DIYer (ie my husband) to fit a replacement unit - or am I looking at paying a plumber as well as replacing the shower?
TIA
Ly
get a new shower unit if thats the case mate, save you lot of bother
--
live long and prosper
"Ly" < snipped-for-privacy@home.com> wrote in message
I inherited a Mira 88 when I moved into my current home
I understand that they should be survived every year, and the gasket set replaced. This one clearly had not been touched since Noah landed
All the plumbing was hidden within a stud wall
Local plumber removed the old shower and replaced with a thermostatic power shower for 120 ( shower, two new shut off valves, new electrics and labour)
depending on your financial state, and the ability of your hubby, it may be easier to get a plumber to do it. remember the (power) shower will cost you 70 / 80 anyway
Regards David
From previous post delete " Survived" and " Serviced "
Sorry, must buy a new keyboard that can spell !!!!

Your husband should be able to do it no problem. It involves switching off the power and turning off the water to the old unit, disconnect the pipe(s) and wires, dismount the old unit, mount the new one, reconnect and switch back on, check for leaks. Of course it makes it a lot easier if you're changing like for like, ie the new unit having the same connections as the old one. If you were changing a simple heated unit for a power shower that would be more difficult.
HTH
Steve