Shower smell

Hi, Lately I have noticed a ammonia type smell when I shower. No jokes please, I can guess them all in advance 8-) I have cleaned the shower head. I have also washed the shower curtains. It's not that strong, but it's not that pleasant either.
Any ideas?
On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 17:53:20 +0100, "Jab" <No
.. >Hi, .. >Lately I have noticed a ammonia type smell when I shower. .. >No jokes please, I can guess them all in advance 8-) .. >I have cleaned the shower head. .. >I have also washed the shower curtains. .. >It's not that strong, but it's not that pleasant either. .. > .. >Any ideas? .. >
Might be the chlorine in the water ... it will be increased sometimes
Mike P
Hi
We noticed a similar smell not long after we moved into this house. The spare reoom has an ensuite with shower/sink/toilet all connected to a saniflow system...smell was tracked down to coming from the draininage somewhere between the three things. Ran the shower/sink/bog a few times and was then ok. Only happened once more in the last 12 months thankfully.
Not sure if the smell was because of infrequent use or the saniflow, but ammonia-like it certainly was.
Simon.