Shower screen slightly too small, best option?

I have just had a shower tray fitted in to a recess, and now have to get a glass shower screen to complete it, in order to get the best reasonable price I want to use a standard size as I am reluctant to get made to measure as this adds about 200 to the cost. I took up the excess ok with the shower tray but was slightly mislead as they said I could get a slightly bigger screen but didnt mention the extra cost involved. The screen will be about 2 cms short, what would be the best way to `take up` the excess, the walls are tiled and bear in mind this would be considered `damp` conditions. I did think about a wooden batton but not sure of the dampness factor. The excess would be at the furthest point from the shower head a distance of 1100mm.
Any ideas appreciated.

A bit more info might help, i.e. is the recess a '3 sided box' and the screen will be the final side, how wide is the recess opening, etc. shower doors are manufactured to take up dicrepencies Did you do this yourself or are a company doing it as you said " I have just had a shower tray fitted in to a recess..." which makes me think the former, if so ask them to sort it out they did it!
HTH
John

opening 1300, door 1100mm Was done privately not with a company. Lets say he was correct but for the extra cost if made to measure.

Thats not 2cm its 20cm (200mm or approx 8 inches) thats one serious mis measurement!
If it is 200mm can you (or he) build a pillar out of timber and ply and tile that to make the opening fit the screen
Cheers
John
Apolgies I still use yards /feet /inches. The gap IS only 2 cms which would be 20 mm.

So is the opening 1300mm and the screen 1280mm or the screen 1100mm and the opening 1120mm. Do you know the make of the screen so I can 'Google' it and have a look if there is a web site. If the gap is only 20mm that shouldn't cause too much of a problem to solve if we have a bit more info.
Cheers
John

the screen has an adjusment factor of 1040-1100 the next size up adjusts from 1140-1200 which has too large a minimum I believe the make is `the lakes collection. Possibly `Provex Products ltd`

This one I presume, http://www.provexproducts.co.uk/ff-slider.htm ? The so the gap is actually 35mm not 20mm, with a bit of 'persuasion' the 1140-1200 size would fit. Also as this end would be the 'non business' end the adjustment channel could be attached to the frame, the frame swung into position and then siliconed in it's final position. Where abouts are you georaphically? You might find somebody willing to come round and have a butchers for you!
HTH
John

Aluminium channel maybe. I've seen it in most of the big sheds. 3 to 4 a metre IIRC

20mm "knock on" from a PVCu window manufacturer screwed to wall, shower screen screwed to that, white silicone seal down either side to tiles and finish any gap from shower screen to end of knock on (it's 70mm wide) with quad PVCu beading siliconed on. HTH
--
Best Regards,
Bill Frost.
"S S" wrote:

Forget the wooden batten. Wood and water are not a good combination.
Problem now resolved.
"News Groups" <secret> wrote in message

S S wrote:

How? :-) It's great when we know what happened in the end :-)
Please please please...
The plumber is taking one of the end fittings and getting a replica made with the required extension, it will be made out of metal.

S S wrote:

Thanks for that :-)