Shower questions

Hi all, I`ve got an electric shower fitted that has a small leak coming out of the copper pipe taking the cold water into the shower. I`ve had a look at replacement showers (the unit itself is getting on, and it might be nice to replace it) but I`m not sure how easy it would be to fit a new shower. Assuming I can find one that has the water in pipe in a similar place (to make life easier and avoid any plumbing if possible) is it an easy enough job for a somewhat incompetent amatuer? I can drill holes and mount things on walls, and can turn the electricity off and change mains plug face plates safely enough, but anything much more complicated than that is something i`d rather avoid - mains electricity, water and me are a slightly worrying combination :-)
Thanks in advance for your help!

I tend to feel that if someone has to ask the question then they are really not up to it. Don't want to sound negative and all that, but do you have the skills?
Rob Graham
Rob graham wrote:

It depends what skills are needed, hence the question before I start taking things apart. As said, I can do some things, I can`t do others - if the job can be done with the skills I have, then why not do it myself?
Simon Finnigan wrote:

Make sure that the wiring is up to the job if you're installing a higher powered shower. provided the current set-up is ok there's no reason why a replacement shower shouldn't also be ok. If it's just the leak that you need to fix then that shouldn't be too big a deal. one can often revive old showers by descaling them but that might or might not be beyond your skills.

If it is a compression joint then try to tighten it slightly
Adam