Shower Installation

Hi Guys,

A small challenge for you to consider:

My mother who is 86 is in hospital at the moment having fallen and broken her hip. In the mean time my father is now rushing around trying to sort things for her return. He is having a stair lift installed this week and wants to have the bath removed and a walk in shower fitted. The main problem is that everyone he's contacted so far is quoting weeks before they can start work.

So, if I wanted to fit a shower in place of the bath...

He wants a wet room type of design with no tray or lip for her to trip on the idea being to remove the bath - 900 by 1800 fitted wall to wall - put a glass door/screen across the opening and then take it from there with a Mira 10.8 electric shower.

Any suggestions for suppliers 9he's in North Wales), points to watch out for or handy hints would be very gratefully received.

Thanks,

Reply to
David Kennedy

I'm a bit puzzled by this because, as people get older and less steady on their feet, they tend to want to relax in a bath rather than having to stand under a shower. I know that you can have seats put into showers - but it's still not the same as lying back and having a good soak. Also, I have yet to find an instant electric shower that provides anything like a satisfying deluge of the type you get from a power shower, or a decent combi fed shower.

When my father found it difficult getting into and out of the bath he had a 'Bath-Knight' installed

and found that excellent.

As you can see from the web-site, it is a powered 'band' that tightens across the top of the bath. You sit on the band, swing your legs into the bath, and then press a button that gently lowers you into the water. When you want to get out you press the other side of the button and you are gently raised out of the water again.

Personally, for someone who is elderly and unsteady on their feet, I would regard this as a much better bet!

Ret.

Reply to
Ret.

I have seen something similar but it was portable (rechergable batteries). I could try to get the details if the OP wanted me to.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth