Shower Cubicles

I want to install a shower cubicle.

I've not had one before. I've seen the conventional two sided glass ones but they always struck me as a bit rickety. My experience of a glass panel with an over the bath shower suggests that their showroom sparkle will soon vanish in a haze of limescale.

Now this is what I'm thinking only I can't think it through enough to go for it, hence this call for help!

A longish shower tray goes in the corner. A studwork wall is constructed floor to ceiling to the long edge of the shower tray. Tiles all round. Curtain or glass door across the end or may be a small step over wall to minimise overspray.

Good idea? Daft idea? Thoughts please.

mark

Reply to
Mark

A good idea.

Reply to
Stickems.

Just a few thoughts....

  1. You would need to think about lighting, otherwise it could be rather gloomy.

  1. We've found the glass panels (with sliding door) are sturdy and still look good (obviously need a wipe down periodically - but then so do all windows) - but avoid the cheap ones (we went for Roman Collage). Best to close the door after use, to avoid "trapping" moisture between panels.

  2. I would expect your wall + tiles will cost nearly as much as a glass panel - and the tiles will surely need cleaning just as often?

  1. With a "longish" tray (1200mm?) you will need to step into shower to turn it on, and tolerate the initial cold spray... bbrrrr. (Unless you're going for one of those remote control thingies). With sliding door you avoid this.

  2. Off-topic... we fitted an "Out a Sight" curtain for the shower over the bath. Works really well - highly recommended.
Reply to
Martin

Also perhaps a little OT, what anti-slip solutions do people have for over-the-bath showers? We've tried the suckered rubber bath mats, but they can just make the situation worse if they loose suction. NicMic

Doff YourHat (replace with AT) and reverse the TEN for personal reply.

Reply to
NicMic