Shower cubicle glass restoration

Hi people, The shower cubicle glass in my house is old and getting a bit frosted from corrosion and "overcleaning" from the previous owners. Does anyone know of a way to restore glass to help it retain its transparency if you don't want to replace straight away? I've tried searching on Google for some magical product or method to do this but to no avail. Am I hoping for too much and simply replace the glass? cheers, Jasen (in Australia.)

Reply to
Jasen

You can use cerium oxide powder see,

Don Spumey

Are you sure that it is not lime scale on the glass, or could the glass not be glass, plastic perhaps?

Reply to
Stickems.

No, not limescale, tried that theory. And yes, it's glass alright, it's just old glass, but the shower itself is in good nick and I'd rather not have to spend big dollars right now to fix it if possible. If I can't polish it up or treat it, I'll just put up with it for a while longer, and view the missus through frosty glass ;-)

Reply to
Jasen

Cheers Don, I'll look into it.

Reply to
Jasen

Glass can't corrode. If the frosted effect is due to scratches then cerium oxide powder as mentioned previously might work. But if it is caused by something that is deposited on the surface of the glass you could try ceramic hob cleaner. This is a mild abrasive. I have a glass-fronted gas fire that becomes frosted due to the heat and ceramic hob cleaner is the only thing I have found to clean the deposit off.

Reply to
Phil Anthropist

Isn't there a bolt on your bathroom door?

| |

Reply to
Stickems.