Shower Choices

Hi All,

If I need to replace the faulty electric shower I would like to do it with a one that uses the hot water in the tank. The hot water system is fed by gravity and there is not much head so I guess I need a small pump. I don't want a power shower but do need reasonable pressure. Have checked the Wickes/Screwfix/Tool Station catalogues and I don't really understand what the pump options are offering and what exactly is involved. i.e. mixer valve etc.

I am ok with plumbing but am not sure what it I need to buy. Also I can't afford the expensive solutions.

Can anyone help please?

Cheers. Bill.

Reply to
Bill

How much head have you got? My shower head when in use is perhaps two feet below the bottom of the cold water storage tank in the loft, and this works OK for my gravity fed shower. Don't forget that the height of the water in the tank will add to the pressure.

Reply to
Harry Stottle

In our last house we had a shower fed like this. It was OK, provided I stripped it down and descaled it completely - innards and all - every couple of months. We now have a pumped unit, similar to

AKA

which works really well. Perhaps too well, I normally have it on the lowest setting that it goes to.

It needs a low power feed, plus hot and cold water.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ