Shirt collars being ruined

My husband complains that the front tips of his shirt collars are curled up and even look worn after washing in our two-year old machine. He says this is a new development but I'm not sure about this. I put a sheet of softener (Bounce) in each wash.
How can I protect the collars?
     snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com writes:

If the shirts have removable stiffners, take them out during the wash.
Don't overload the machine.
Don't tumble dry.
Use a more gentle wash programme (e.g. a wool wash).
--
Andrew Gabriel
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Take shirts from clothes basket (or more likely from floor). Fold neatly. Give to husband. Explain that strange white thing in the utility room is the washing machine. Walk off in opposite direction. Problem solved.
However, if that seem a little drastic, you could buy spray starch and apply to the collars when ironing. Works a treat. And/or get his mum to buy him shirts with removable stiffners, in future.
-- Sue

I suspect he knows that, because he's had to repair it every second Thursday.
Rob Graham

You're obviously a man of courage LOL
Wash em in a washing bag.

Or go down to the river and find some large stones ;o)

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Isn't Bounce intended for tumble driers?
Andy