Shelf Brackets Nexbie Query

I want to put up a shelf of either MDF or Pine in my kitchen (approx W220cm x D30cm x Thickness 2cm). I'm aiming to put up 3 brackets made from 3 vertical plates (3" x 3/4" timber) with fairly solid triangular shelf supports (approx 1" thick) attached. My question is how do I create the brackets, i.e. how do I attach the triangle supports to the wall plate and when? Can I assemble these first by screwing through the wall plate into the triangle or what? Sorry if this seems a dumb question but i'm stuck.
louisxiv wrote:

IIUC what you are doing - thhen it is normal to put screws through the back of the plate into the support. Obviously before you screw the plate to the wall..
An alternative, if you have a router, is to cut a dovetail slot in the plate and make a dovetail joint with the support.
To fix to the wall, you can put long screws at an angle into the wall and then saw the screwheads off. This leaves studs sticking out of the wall, angled upwards. With suitable holes in the shelf bracket assembly, you can just slide them down over the studs. It makes it easy to lift the shelves off when decorating.
--
Sue

Cheers for that