shed base

Hi All

I am building foundations out of bricks for a 10'x10' garden shed over an existing patio. I want the shed to sit one bricks height above the patio to allow for ventilation. The patio is not quite level with about a 2" varience over the 10' of the shed's width. I have started laying the bricks on their sides, 2 bricks width in 6 lines, and moving to laying them flat as they go up the slope, leveling with a dry sand/cement mix.

Does anyone have any advice on doing this. How level is level? Will the dry mix I am using be secure enough on top of the existing patio?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

All the best Colin

Reply to
coco

In my opinion you would be better laying bricks on wet mortar mix. Use a builder's line as a guide to tamping the bricks level.

Reply to
DIY