Sealing a shower cubicle quickly

Hi all, If one has to seal a few gaps in a shower cubicle that at the moment has a small water leak running into it, what`s the quickest curing sealant? It is possible to divert the leak for a while, but obviously even doing this there is still a requirement to be able to use the cubicle within about 24 hours maximum for a shower before work. Ideally I`m looking for something that can be easily applied, and after a few hours would be able to continue curing even if it is continuously wet. Failing this, something that can handle being allowed to get wet a couple of times during its curing period would do - although the quicker the curing period the better. Any particular brand names to look out for (I`m in the UK) or types to bear in mind would be greatly appreciated!

Fixing the leak is, at the moment, not a possibility (it will be done in a month or two, but the cubicle needs resealing before then).

Thanks in advance for your help.

Reply to
Simon Finnigan

In most cases Silicone sealant should do the trick ,any diy shop will carry it.

HTH CJ

Reply to
cj

To shield the sealant from shower water for 24 to 48 hours while it cures you could tape up some polythene sheeting. Clear polythene dust sheets or black bin sacks will do. Regarding the quickest curing sealant, I find that clear silicone sanitary sealant cures faster then the white stuff, but if you shield the area as suggested then I don't think it matters which you use.

Reply to
DIY

I think i`ve managed to get it sorted. The white stuff looks fully cured, and a sample which I had attached at the same time, with the same thickness, to a corner that doesn`t get wet has been happily sat in a tub of water for a few hours now and is still perfectly happy. I`m gonna see what it looks like tomorrow morning and fingers crossed be able to have a shower :-)

Thanks all!

Reply to
Simon Finnigan