Sealing a bath or shower tray

Hey guys n gals,

I need recomendations for a product to seal around my bath.... I don;t want to use mouldy old silicone.. any idea's?

What about this TeleSeal10

Looks good, has anybody used it?

Reply to
Jimbob

It looks excellent and a snip at only £40.

I will have to stick to the mouldy old tube of silicon.

Reply to
EricP

FORTY QUID??!!! Well if you can afford it, go ahead :-) And let us know if it's a good thing or not :-) Oh, it's only £30 in screwfix.

Reply to
Vødkäjéllÿ

No personal experience of this item, but I have tried other glue-on upvc hard and soft bath edge sealing strips. If TeleSeal have developed an adhesive that withstands damp conditions then their system may well work, but in my experience the adhesive on these glue-on strips fails eventually. As for the TeleSeal being mould resistant, mould will grow anywhere where there is damp and poor ventilation.

Reply to
Codswallop

Try

lots cheaper (£20 - £25 ) for a kit for a bath.

B&Q, tiles Rus, topstiles most DIY have their own alternative.

Reply to
Merlin

The Trimlux is designed to be installed behind tiles, so if the OP already has tiles he would need to remove the bottom row and re-tile.

Reply to
Codswallop

I have used Teleseal after trying everything to seal round a bath. The problem I had was that the bath was flexing and this either dislocated any plastic seal or split silicone. Because Teleseal is effectively 'telescopic' the halves are fixed rigidly to the wall/bath and the seal absorbs the flexing. The only challenge was fitting the corners as I am pretty handless when it comes to making neat joins in plastic! After a few years the seal was still mould free although the sealant used had gone slightly cream rather than pure white. The bath has now gone, to be replaced by a shower cubicle but the Teleseal was still strongly stuck when the bath and tiles were ripped out.

Yes, it was expensive, but so was continually buying different tubes of sealant to try and solve the problem.

Hope this helps.

John C

Reply to
John C