Screwfix thermostatic showers

Page 2 of 2

snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com wrote:

Neat! Wish I'd thought of that when I did the same job... I think the above link should go into the FAQ.
David
The triton shower I am doing is overkill. I'm fixing at the back with tap elbows to the chased out wall, and to an aluminium plate on the front of the bricks via the panel mount option, which is nuts on the outside of the 1/2-3/4 straight adapter. I think it will be indestructable. I just have this image of somebody slipping and grabbing the bar as handle. Simon.
On 4 Jul 2005 06:22:20 -0700, sm snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Hi,
An economical way of adapting 3/4 BSP F on the shower to 1/2 BSP F wall plate elbows in the wall is to use a 3/4 x 1/2 BSP ring and 1/2 BSP running parallel, eg part nos 10591 and 6756 on this page:
<http://www.bes.ltd.uk/products/158b.asp
The ring and parallel are screwed together to give the required depth so the backnuts on the shower come up close to the tiles.
To stop the ring moving when the shower is tightened on it, it can be soldered or even araldited to the parallel, or a split piece of copper pipe used as a spacer to the wall plate elbow.
cheers, Pete.