Screwfix Kitchens

Anyone tried these yet?

Im not looking for anything special - just a couple of wall units / base units no integrated stuff about 8 items. Has anyone used the rigid / flat pack stuff they do? How do they compare to B&Q or Wickes quality and price wise. I don't expect the world but something that would last say 3 years without collapsing / doors falling off or veneer peeling.

Thoughts?

TIA Lard

Reply to
Lardman

B & Q and Screwfix are both owned by Kingfisher, but I don't know whether they both sell the same kitchens or not. The doors and draw fronts on the beech style kitchen look the same to me on their web sites. If the prices of carcasses and fronts are similar then they are likely to be of similar quality.

Reply to
DIY

I have a B&Q kitchen, & it looks identical to the screwfix ones, the carcasses are 12mm rather than the higher end 18mm but once they are assembled, attached to each other the wall and the worktop they are as solid as a rock. Mind you I did use No Nails as well as the dowel & cams provided.

The units went together easily and quickly. 2 years later there are no marks or deterioration beyond what I could reasonably expect with 2 young kids in the hse. The doors I have are a beech veneer and have withstood the usual spills and knocks very well. I wouldn't go for the high gloss work surface again, shows up minor scratches and every speck of dirt or water mark. Not really the manufaturers fault.

The whole service was excellent and I did my kitchen 9'x6' (15 units + accessories) for about £2500, with tiles+appliances on top of that.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

I refurbished our units using Screwfix doors and hinges. So far so good. The only problems were the hinge fittings being a different spacing to what went before. Quality wise they have lasted 3 years without peeling or warping. But that is only the doors mind you.

Reply to
malc

Cheers Mike - Thats *really* helpful - just the sort of info I wanted.

Lard

Reply to
Lardman