Scale inhibitors

I refer to those gadgets that go around incoming water pipes. Do they work.

Reply to
Mark

Yes .............. but going on postings in the past, I'll probably be the only person to say this :) Franko.

Reply to
Franko

Yes, they work for a short while in the pipe immediately after the gadget, but then it wears off and is useless for domestic use.

Probably cheaper to have the local Shaman make up a charm and put that on the rising main.

Reply to
EricP

I have had one fitted for a few years and can honestly state that my kettle and shower head need descaling MUCH less than before - probably once every 2 months as opposed to each and every week - unless that shaman broke into my house and danced around a bit while I was at work :) Franko.

Reply to
Franko