Scale inhibitors

I refer to those gadgets that go around incoming water pipes. Do they work.

only person to say this :) Franko.
On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 11:42:27 +0100, "Mark"

gadget, but then it wears off and is useless for domestic use.
Probably cheaper to have the local Shaman make up a charm and put that on the rising main.

I have had one fitted for a few years and can honestly state that my kettle and shower head need descaling MUCH less than before - probably once every 2 months as opposed to each and every week - unless that shaman broke into my house and danced around a bit while I was at work :) Franko.