Rust protection - Outside S/Steel Lantern.

Hi all,
I have a stainless steel (or what I think is stainless steel!)outside door lantern and door number that is showing very slight rust signs.
Anybody got any tips to stop?
Thanks in advance! Mick.

I had exactly the same problem. What I did was replace the lantern and the door number with plastic types, so far the rust has not returned, though to be fair I did thoroughly coat both with fire retarded ether first.
Hope that helps.
Don
It definately isn't stainless steel Mick, since stainless steel wont rust
Colin...

Well, there are different alloy ratios of stainless steel, and some will rust in some situations, e.g. a low quality one exposed to salt spray.
--
Andrew Gabriel