Running an electric current through a garage door?

Page 2 of 2

So if a young child ran down someone's drive after a ball, and got electrocuted from touching a 'live' garage door, you would think this acceptable? There are normally good reasons why these type of regulations are introduced, and it is usually to stop some idiot killing, or seriously injuring, an innocent person.

Didn't say that Harry (and I'll refrain from calling *you* names like idiot). Read my post again. I suggested the OP may live in a country where defending your property is both legal and necessary. Of course, its unlikely since this is a UK newsgroup and no-one from outside the UK would post here just like no-one here would post on a non-UK newsgroup. I also suggested we live in a state that is becoming more and more hamstrung by laws telling us what we can't do, especially with our own property. Ask Tony Martin if he thinks the law allows you to defend your own property. I hope you are never in the position of having to decide whether a scumbag can just take your property and get off scott-free, or whether he should be prevented and suffer some serious consequences.

I think you should read my post again, unless you have killed, or seriously injured an innocent person through the use of a potentially lethal 'security' device, in which case, the use of the term idiot should be the least of your worries.