Rubber strip

Hi guys,
Looking for a small supply of self adhesive rubber strip.
I want to seal lamp clusters to caravan. I think B&Q only sell
foam to stop draughts, I want to stop water ingress.
Thanks
Colin
On 21/09/2010 10:22, Colin Jackson wrote:

e bay has a good range, how about http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3M-Exterior-Mounting-Tape-Super-Strong-4011-/290477831863?pt=UK_BOI_Office_Office_Supplies_Stationery_ET&hash=item43a1d3f6b7
"Colin Jackson" <cojack6ATbtinternetDOTcom> wrote in message

I should have said that I am looking for about 1/2" singlesided self adhesive seal that I can put between lamp cluster and van to prevent water ingress. Cluster is fixed to van with screws
Colin
Colin Jackson wrote:

Put a smear of grease on the contact area of the van. lay a generous bead of silicone sealer on the lamp cluster and fit to the van loosely.
After a couple of days (to be sure it has fully cured, remove the cluster, wipe of the grease from the van, cut off any unwanted squeezed out silicone and refit the cluster. voila! one cast in situ seal.

Thanks, sound like a good idea
Colin