Roof treatment

Page 1 of 2

The wife is getting a free estimate tomorrow for our 50 year old roof. www.thelancashireroofcoatingco.co.uk
Seems that they blast it clean etc, etc, etc and "apply anti fungal wash, two coats of UV energy saving paint and a resistant coating".
There is a bit of moss on the roof, and it is a bit.
I have my doubts.
Opinions anybody?
Mr Pounder

About as clever as stone cladding IMHO.
Adam

They told the wife that the bloke next door is getting a quote. They lied. Unfortunately I will not be home tomorrow to greet them ...
Mr Pounder

You still have time to nip to the shop, drop your trousers, sit on the photocopier, press copy and then stick the image up in your front window.
Adam

This could be a mistake. I actually have a gay postman.
Mr Pounder

Special delivery?
I have seen a few of these roof painting/coating firms in action. Nothing about the whole process was impressive. Watching a couple of blokes stood on a roof presure washing the tiles before making the house look like a piece of plastic did not impress me.
WTF is UV energy saving paint?
Adam

He is a nice guy and I have never refused a dare.

It could be this. http://www.koolcoat.com /
Mr Pounder

It looks like water, dries without a trace, and lasts for about 30 seconds on a hot day ;-)

Sounds like a case of lager to me.
Mr Pounder

One of the houses next to our allotment had this done. There's still a black line up the roof where they didn't clean the bit under their ladder.
Steve

Some houses in a road near my parents have had their roofs cleaned. They look really terrible. Bright clay faces with dark gunge left up towards the overlap and around the edges. Like a really bad automatic car wash which only cleans the middle of each body panel.

Just cancel. You know they are dishonest already. There's no reason to deal with them any further at all.

Tell wife to go out too.
--
Andrew Gabriel

Seems that they are going to ring first. I wonder why?

The Dragon can deal with them as easily as she deals with me.

They will tell you "It's a courtesy call to confirm you are expecting us".
It's not.
It's to make sure the wife will be there too.
It takes both of you to sign the finance deal, if the house is in both names.
And there is no point in them selling if they can't close the deal.
And *your* house has been "specially selected" to be a show house........ :o)

Finance deal? We would not need that.

They rang the wife today, she told them to f**k off. Can I say f**k off here? I keep getting reported.
Mr Pounder

Have you seen the "special treatment" that goes on afterwards?
Adam

Leave my gay postman out of this please.
Mr Pounder

We have had similar offers; I just look across the street to where a wealthy couple spent a fortune having their roof fully cleaned, treated etc.. After 3 years the moss was making a come back. People giving me a quote say, "Ah we do it properly" but I know that the couple in question used the best available treatment.

On 14/06/2010 18:52, Mr Pounder wrote:

Out of interest, what is actually wrong with the roof that needs fixing?

Moss, a very small amount of moss. I have a jet washer but keep forgetting to blast it of. I forget on purpose, my hose pipe is knackered and I am too tight fisted to buy a decent new one. BTW, we live in a bungalow.
Mr Pounder