Roof timer query

I have to get retrospective Building Control approval for a roof which has had its slates replaced by heavier tiles. I understand I need to fit an inverted 'A' frame which I want to do my self (to save £350+).

Whilst I understand how to make and fit the diagonals of the A frame, to the purlins, I don't have any info on the 'collar', the horizontal beam/s of the A frame (which will link the two purlins) e.g.

- what diameter bolts?

- how many

- is it two beams or just one 4 * 2

- it is connected to the rafter?

Does anyone have a spec or drawing or could describe it or has photo?

Thanks

Si

Reply to
Mitch

It's amazing what a difference a 'b' makes to a request ;-)

Reply to
me

Leave it to the experts because building control will want to see structural engineers design/calculations,

Reply to
AJH