ROOF PROBLEMS

Hi All,
I was in my loft recently and noticed a small rip in my membrane which holds the insalation to the tile, i could also see daylight. No leaks, no major concerns but I have received a card through my door advertising 'Roof Problem' - Solutions. It basically suggests that it is an expanding foam which bonds to the roof tiles (applied from inside the loft) and saves you money on top of creating a warm, clean useable (?) loft etc. The company are warmroof and if anyone has used them or similar product could you answer the following;
Good Idea? Cost: Value:
Alternativley whats a practicable and cost efficient solution (long- term) PLEASE

I have no knowledge of this company. Google found these: <http://www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t )860>
<http://www.bbc.co.uk/consumer/tv_and_radio/watchdog/reports/homes/homes_20070220_2.shtml
If you can't do a diy repair get some estimates from local roofing firms.

Pity you didn't see the report on WATCH DOG about 4 or 5 weeks ago. I'm surprised they are still business.
KEEP WELL AWAY !!!!
keith_765 wrote:

Interesting, not that I'm planning to use them in the near future; but what comes through the letter box seemed like a reasonable way to deal with a roof if I ever get my hands on that deserted cottage. Thanks for the warning.
--
Malc

"Bother!" said Pooh, and hid Piglet\'s corpse