Roof Cleaning/Moss

Hi Group.
I have half a roof (the rest was replaced in 200, part of extension before we bought) covered in moss on old C1940 clay tiles, no felt.
I have asked Roofbrite to quote to remove moss and treat roof, also to repoint stacks.
Anyone any experience of this company or others that offer this sort of service?
Thanks
Ian
Hi Ian, I would charge 180 + VAT, to include for clearing out gutters after the clean, sweeping up, treating roof with fungicidal wash to kill spores. Assuming not excessively high. Stacks should be about 30.00 a metre to rake and re-point (25mm) if access is reasonable. Get some Thompsons water-seal as well, (from B&Q) and ask them to seal it as well while they are up there. Take about 4 minutes, but if you ask for a price they will charge another 100! Make it clear you will not pay anything until after the work is finished to your satisfaction. Be very careful with roofing companies, there is a lot of rubbish out there. Cheers Git
##Hi Ian, ##I would charge 180 + VAT, to include for clearing out gutters after ##the clean, sweeping up, treating roof with fungicidal wash to kill ##spores. Assuming not excessively high. Stacks should be about 30.00 ##a metre to rake and re-point (25mm) if access is reasonable. Get some ##Thompsons water-seal as well, (from B&Q) and ask them to seal it as ##well while they are up there. Take about 4 minutes, but if you ask for ##a price they will charge another 100! ##Make it clear you will not pay anything until after the work is ##finished to your satisfaction. Be very careful with roofing companies, ##there is a lot of rubbish out there. ##Cheers ##Git
Thanks. I will let you know what they say!
Where are you based? it may be worth getting you to take a look?