Rising main / bonding question

Hi, my rising main enters the house through a solid concrete floor near an internal wall in the kitchen. It has a black plastic compression type coupler near the floor which joins it to a length of blue plastic pipe about 25cm long onto which the tap connects which then connects to all the internal plumbing (on copper pipe). Wondered if anyone could help with a couple of questions I have: 1) can the copper pipe above the main tap be used for earth bonding given that the blue pipe it connects to described above appears to be plastic (i.e. no continuity to earth?), and 2) does the blue bit belong to the water board or can it be replaced/extended given that it is in the most inconvenient position possible bearing in mind the way the missus wants the kitchen to be... Sorry if these are dumb questions, by way of reciprocity I can tell you just about anything about data networking if you have any questions (unlikely :o)

Plastic pipe is a non-conductor, so is no good for earth bonding.
2) does the blue bit belong to the water board or can

All the pipes within the boundary of your property belong to you, assuming you are an owner occupier.
Thanks (both), great answers/explanation - much appreciated, cheers.
Phil Anthropist wrote:

You do not say what sort of pipe enters your building before the black connector. Your description suggests lead pipe with the black connector being a converter to metric sizes of pipe. Regardless of this as your house installation is done in copper then main equipotential bonding is required (note the lack of the word earth). I would suggest a 10mm earth cable back to the earth busbar in the CU from the copper pipe just after the tap just as as you suggested (reg 547-02-02 applies)
, and 2) does the blue bit belong to the water board or can

As far as I am aware you are responsible for your water supply pipes and internal stop taps from the stopstap in the street that controls your property. You have to replace and repair them at your own cost (although some companies may do it for free) but yes you can extend the pipe.
Sorry if these are dumb questions, by way of reciprocity I can

have put the ceilings back up I will be asking.
HTH
Adam