rewire

Can any one help?

I am thinking of rewiring the whole house from top to bottom, lighting and ring main.

Do I need to get the job tested, certified or whatever when it's all done?

In the 70's I did an apprenticeship and have formal qualifications but at the end of the day I'm not a registered electrician.

Reply to
Dave

The short answer is yes, and in effect you could sign off the installation yourself. However do you have liability insurance? If someone dies or you have a fire the blame will rest on your shoulders.

If you are confident about your installation abilities, and its a have the time but not the money situation. I would get the 'on site' guide. Brush up on your installation requirements, plan and record all your design details and calculations and get someone else to inspect/verify it for you and give you the certificate of completion.

After all besides installation requirements it is a matter of four important figures, prospective fault current, earth loop impedance, RCD response time and insulation resistance.

Regards G.

Reply to
G Cadman

Also, when you come to selling the property you could be required to provide the test certificate for the job. Good place to get your accessories from though is

least you could save a bit of money that way.

Reply to
James

I've never heard of that!

Reply to