Rerburb Aluminium Windows.

Hi All,

I have a couple of large aluminium windows frames that are worth a bit if work refurbishing I reckon. The glass is ok but the windows are not closing properly in some cases and I would like to replace the hinges. Trouble I don't understand what the 13mm or 17mm measurement refers to in this link.

While I am here does anyone know if is possible to buy the 'furry' draught excluder. I haven't tried to remove the existing stuff yet but it looks as though it sort of slots in.

Can anyone give me any advise please.

Ta. Bill.

Reply to
Bill

The 17mm hinges will fit in either a 13mm or 17mm cavity, according to the descriptions given for the hinges lower down that Screwfix page. But it isn't clear what they mean by the cavity.

This firm does replacement hinges for aluminium frames, and will be able to advise you. They may also do the draught excluding strips or know where you can get it.

DIY

Your local Screwfix should be able to advise:

Reply to
DIY