[REQ] Hoover dishwasher door hinge spring.

I require a Hoover dishwasher door hinge retaining spring for a Crystaljet model 7156. This model is no longer in production. The body length of the spring is 4" with a leg at each end measuring 1.5" finishing with a hook to engage the door and hinge. Something like this...
<............|||||||||||||............>
Can anyone suggest a solution?
--
Regards

PeterG. (aka Lobo)
โœ–
"PeterG" wrote:

This might do if it is the correct length and similar tension: <http://www.appliancepartsdirect.co.uk/HooverDishwasherDoorSprings.asp
Looks similar to the one no longer available: <http://www.4hoover.co.uk/cgi-bin/search.pl?parts_search=s&model ื156&part=door+spring>
Add pictures here
โœ–
"Phil Anthropist" wrote:

<http://www.4hoover.co.uk/cgi-bin/search.pl?parts_search=s&model ื156&part=door+spring>
Another option is to take the old spring into a dishwasher service centre and ask if they can match it. They may have these old springs in stock, or some of similar size.
Add pictures here
โœ–
On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 19:38:23 +0100, Phil Anthropist scribbled by his own authority...

That's the road I'm on at present but with your other info, if they can't figure it out I can point them in a direction. Thanks again.
--
Regards

PeterG. (aka Lobo)
โœ–
On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 19:27:54 +0100, Phil Anthropist scribbled by his own authority...

<http://www.4hoover.co.uk/cgi - bin/search.pl?parts_search=s&modelื156&part=do
Thanks for the information. Looks as though you could be correct. I was unable to find the broken part of the leg and (incorrectly) assumed they were the same length. Thanks once again and a big <<<<HUG>>>>; NOT from me, the Mrs.G. ;-)
--
Regards

PeterG. (aka Lobo)
โœ–
On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 09:24:23 +0100, PeterG scribbled by his own authority...

Got two springs. Many thanks for all your help.
--
Regards

PeterG. (aka Lobo)
โœ–