replacing taps

I may have to replace bathroom basin taps.Is this just a case of a straight changeover,what I mean are these taps a standard size.The ones on at present are around ten years old.Thanks for any help with this.
tab

Yes, standard size, the 'tails' on the new basin taps will fit to the connectors on the end of the hot and cold water pipes. Old taps can be a bigger to remove if the fittings have become corroded.

on taps

It'll be well worth investing in a tap wrench to enable you to loosen the back nuts under the basin. Otherwise it's a sod. It may even be a sod with one.
Rob Graham