replacing old bath taps

I want to keep an old iron roll top bath and have it resurfaced. The cold tap has been leaking for years and they aren't very pretty so I was going to replace the taps. A quick look around and I can find no bath taps available at all which are fitted onto the vertical inside face of the bath (One hot, one cold, no shower). So questions as follows:

Anyone know who might supply a tap for mounting on the vertical inside of a bath?

Would it be possible to adapt a tap for wall mounting to the bath side? I really just need a pair of taps with back nuts after all.

If I need to remove, restore and reuse the old taps how do I go about descaling/ reseating/ repairing them. Is it something I could easily do one dark winters evening at the kitchen table?

Thanks,

Tim w

Reply to
Tim W

I just found these:

about 2/3 of the way down the page.

Any use?

Mike

Reply to
mike

Have a look in your local papers, Thomson, Yelloow Pages for a reclamation yard. Here's a link for you:

the_constructor

That's exactly what I needed, the magic word 'globe' in my search.

Thanks

Tim W

Reply to
Tim W