Replacement for Dyson upright cleaner

My wife bought one of the first models so we have had it some time and she wants to replace it with a lighter machine. Could I have some advice on the subject please Blair

Reply to
bm

My wife bought one of the first models so we have had it some time and she wants to replace it with a lighter machine. Could I have some advice on the subject please Blair

Reply to
bm

Buy a Sebo.

Reply to
Martin

Buy two Sebos.

Reply to
Martin

I'll second that after having bought two Dysons. Really happy with the Sebo.

Reply to
On Web

I did have a look at one and although the shop assistant said that it moved very easily I found that the weight on the handle was quite heavy Is that not true? Blair

Reply to
bm

I guess it depends what you consider "heavy". We don't find it a problem but YMMV.

The Sebo self-adjusts its height to adapt to the type of floor / carpet, thus the rotating brush is able to do its job effectively, and the suction is not wasted "around the edges". This means it's heavier to push than if it was floating around aimlessly in mid-air.

Presumably, you tried it "switched on" and also allowed a few seconds for the height to adjust itself?

Reply to
Martin

My wife always complained about the Dyson.

Our Dyson a DC07 weighed 8.7Kg, the Sebo a SEBO X4 Xtra weighs 7.4Kg, so it is a little lighter.

The Electrolux Z2250B a 'lightweight' cleaner weighs 5.9Kg, so that gives an idea about weights in general.

Weight is not something that's commented on anymore. Best thing is to go to a shop a see for yourself. We bought the Sebo because of it's excellent reputation and haven't regretted it (it wasn't exactly a cheap option), though weight wasn't the primary issue. Ours came from a John Lewis store and we had plenty of time to check out their range there.

Paul

Reply to
On Web

Why are they generally so heavy? What are they made of - Kryptonite? :-)

Reply to
gavin

< snip >

The cleaner is extraordinarily light. It&#39;s the vacuum which makes them so heavy :-)

Reply to
Martin

LOL!

Reply to