I am going to finish a repair to some brickwork in my garage with a sand and cement render to match it to the surrounding wall.
I have finished the repaired brickwork about an inch/half inch below the existing surround surface ( painted render )
What would my best mix be for the render ( sand and cement ) and should I pva it first?