Removing tiles from kitchen wall

Hi,
I'm about to rip out my kitchen, including all the ceramic tiles on the walls. Plan is to have the walls skimmed after the tiles are off...is there a 'best' way to remove the tiles so as to leave the wall behind the tiles as intact as possible?
For info the tiles are 6 x 6 inches.
--
Regards,

Simon Mc
4" wide brick bolster & hammer.
Phil.
Simon Mc wrote:

Or an old wood chisel. Trouble is that if the tiles are put on properly then the adhesive will be stronger than the plaster.
Adam

Wear work gloves & make sure the bolster has a knuckle guard, broken tiles are SHARP

SECONDED I went through a tendon that way...and I'm just about to remove more tiles. Yes a 4" bolster is best method, and you will probably wreck the plaster.
Al

As others have said, if the tiles are on right you are going to have bother! The bolster and mash hammer will work but for me a Hilti demolition hammer was the tool for the job!
CAS