Removing old border adhesive

Anyone have any experience of removing old border adhesive? I've tried the wallpaper stripper from Polycell... I even made it up at four times the recommended strength, also tried the heat-gun to soften it but all this does is increase it's stickiness and makes a right mess! It's beginning to look like I'll have to sand it off! Is there an easy solution that I'm overlooking? All suggestions appreciated. Regards Patrick.
Patrick E. King wrote:

Hmmm! I would have thought the heatgun&scraper would have made it easier? is your scraper blunt? sharpen it on an oil stone. Other than that have you tried nitromors?
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:

I'll try the Nitromors tomorrow. The heat gun seems to heat it to the point where it just becomes soft enough to re-stick to everything it comes in contact with especially the scraper!
"Patrick E. King" wrote:

If a steam stripper doesn't work then assuming it is PVA adhesive, which is a bugger to remove, I think you will need PVA adhesive remover. You may find it with carpet fitting supplies as it is used to remove old PVA glue used to stick down carpets and tiles.
Phil
Phil Anthropist wrote:

Thanks for that Phil. Do you by any chance have a brand name as I seem to be having difficulty sourcing it? Patrick.
"Patrick E. King" wrote:

Search for Unika Remove-All
http://www.birbek.com/mall/productpage.cfm/Birbek/5023778070063/74610 http://www.kdcarpets.com/flooring-product-142-remove-all-pva-remover-spot-cleaner.htm
Phil