Removing Metal Strip in Door Cill

I'm fitting a new allimim/UPVC back door which is the size of existing internal door frame but I have to remove the metal upstand strip in the existing wooden cill ..... not sure what the correct name is for this I can't see how this is fixed into cill or the depth etc. and could do with some advice how to remove it to make way for new door frame. Is it a hacksaw or chisel job ? Any help would be most appreciated Cheers.

Reply to
andy

AFAIK these are just pressed tightly into a slot in the wood. In which case you may find that clamping molegrips on the strip and levering with a large screwdriver may do it. Failing that, drill a hole in it and put a small bar into the hole to use as a firm point for the lever.

Rob Graham

Reply to
Rob graham