Removing Fused Switch

Hello all, I am decorating one of the back upstairs bedrooms. It used to be the kitchen of the upstairs flat.
I have removed the extracor fan, mains cable and bricked up the hole.
The fan conected to a fused switch which has two twin and earth wires attahced for the ring mains.
What would be the best way of dealing with it now?
I was thinking of a blanking plate and chocolate block connector inside?
Many thx

Would a connector block fit inside ? ... if so no problems
Ash wrote:

one day.
Bob

If you know there the cables come from eg loft or under the floorboards then you could junction box the cables there and do away with the fused spur and fill the back box.
Adam

If it is part of the ring main he can't
Mike

So if you can fit a socket or spur and you're ok but you can't fit a junction box?
Ash

That would depend on the way the cables are laid.
If both legs of the final ring circuit both come from above or below then my suggestion is perfectly possible.
The ring circiut would use a junction box to remove the cables that go to the fused spur.
Adam

That's what I thought ... but Mike says you can't if it's part of the ring main?

Sorry, I mis-interpreted the sugestion of removing the cables back to the loft/underfloor as breaking the ring terminating them there. Cutting them back to a common point underfloor/loft then re-joining with a junction box is perfectly acceptable.
Depending on where it is I did rather like to "fit a socket" idea best of all. In my mind you can never have too many sockets as long as they are not in a dangerous/ unsightly spot.
Mike

Ok. Thanks for that ...thought I was missing something there for a moment :o(

Man after my own heart ... I've replaced all my sockets with double sockets and doubled each room up as I've gone a long with 2 x double sockets behind the TV (still not enough ... TV, DVD, VHS, Signal Booster, Sky, Freeview Box ... etc etc ... will it never end?)
Ash

I suspect that the socket is high up the wall. It might be usable for a TV.
I wonder what the OP did with the above the unit sockets?
Adam