Removing Clipmaster gutter clips without snapping

Anyone have any tips as to best way to remove gutter clips without snapping the locking tabs; they seem to snap too easily.

Reply to
Gel

I have a theory - this theory what I have is to warm them up, gently, with a hot air gun.

I've never tried this as I don't have that sort of gutters- but it is something that often works with plastic fittings that tend to break..

-- Sue

Reply to
Palindrome

Gel,

Squeeze some 'el-cheapo' washing-up liquid between the clip and the gutter - that should make it easier, and you can also use the same method for refitting the damn things (even better, nip down to a plumbers merchant and pick up a small pot of silicone grease for when you refit the gutter).

Beware though, as the plastic deteriorates with age and exposure to sunlightlight, you could still break one or two of the clips

Tanner-'op

Reply to
Tanner-'op

Yes, do NOT do this in the cold weather. As was said, warm them first if possible. The same applies to all those plastic bits on cars, they break when cold.

Reply to
mcbrien410