Removing a central heating radiator

Hi
Just bought a new hose with pretty standard gas central heating.
I've a radiator on a wall which I'm having taken down.
How easy is it to remove the radiator and completly remove it from the 'system'.
Is it as simple as (effectively) fastening up the two (input and output) pipes and bleeding the system? Or have I missed something?
Cheers
Mark

What do you mean by fastening up the pipes?
If you mean capping both pipes off with a stop ends then yes it is (or should be) as simple as that.
I once saw a radiator that had been removed and the two pipes joined with what looked like washing machine hose and owners wondered why the house never got warm.
Adam
sumo wrote:

Don't forget that room will take longer to warm up as it will now lack a radiator. Also you do not want the muck that comes out of the bottom of the radator on your carpet or floor. As soon as you undo a pipe from the radator have a blanck end to put in. That way you can empty it outside down a drain -- zaax