remote locking cat flaps

new GF moved in with 2 kitties, they have just got to the stage of going out, and are allowed out during the day, and stay in during the night.

want to put a cat flap in, have a window with a plastic bottom half, used to be french doors, replaced with a window at hip height, and below that is a plastic panel in glazing bars.

so no probs putting the flap in there, and can get a new panel i guess if i ever need to remove the flap one day,

however the panel is kind of innaccesable being behind a desk, and we want to be able to lock the flap at night so they cant go out in the dark,

is there such a thing as a remote locking flap? preferable with a wired remote, thinking a change over solenoid in the flap frame, press the button and it shoots the locking bar accross, in the morning press it again and it draws it back, (idealy i'd put it on a timer to lock it between certian hours, so would then want a lock that will allow the flap to open inwards only, to let them in if they are late coming back)

Does such a thing exist, or am i best making my own, wondering how these magnetic colar type flaps operate, i assume they are electric to open the latch?

Reply to
Gazz

There is the ultimate cat flap here

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

In article , ARWadsworth writes

By all means browse there but please, please buy elsewhere, that guy is a voracious spammer, little deserving our hard earned cash. Also, a quick google will show that the same goods can be bought quite a bit cheaper elsewhere.

Reply to
fred

I'm sorry, but I just couldn't resist posting that I misread the thread title as: Remote locking flat caps

Now, I'm just off to Friar Tuck.

Reply to
Java Jive

Point taken.