Remote light operation

Does anyone know of a system so that I can use a remote control to operate a light?
I want to turn on/off a garage light remotely
Thanks
Colin
Colin Jackson wrote:

to time. Last lot were just before Christmas.
I think CPC do them as well.
Bob
Bob Minchin wrote:

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/2827_11981.htm?WT.mc_id 09-11-13-11-46 Good product but no telling when they will do them again
Colin Jackson wrote:

http://www.safield.co.uk/radiplug-remote-control-mains-plug-socketsswitches-p-436.html?gclid=CPio07bS1p8CFZdi4wodvy2IcQ
9.99 for three. Don't know about range though.
Another Dave
Another Dave wrote:

Range is so good on the ones I've got (Previous Lidl offer) that another neighbours remote switches my light on or off sometimes!!
Richard
Dickie Mint wrote:

the codes sent by the remote to stop this problem. Having changed the remote, you have to 'teach' each socket to respond to the new codes but that is easy to do.
Bob
"Colin Jackson" <cojack6ATbtinternetDOTcom> wrote in message

fluorescent lights off with an air rifle.
Couldn't turn them back on, though....... --
Please donate to our appeal at www.donatetobreastcancer.org/nakedbikeride 165 raised so far Thanks Ian
On 04/02/2010 08:58, Ian wrote:

He was lucky to have had an air rifle. Nowadays he'd have to use a bow and arrow.
Rob Graham
Hi Superswitch used to sell a remote control dimmer switch would that do? I use a redundant ceiling fan remote but may be to expensive at around 30 a pop.
CJ

Thanks for info.
Knowing how to describe them I got them off E-Bay
Colin