Remote light operation

Does anyone know of a system so that I can use a remote control to operate a light?

I want to turn on/off a garage light remotely

Thanks

Colin

Reply to
Colin Jackson

Aldi sell pack of 4 remote controllable 13amp sockets for £16 from time to time. Last lot were just before Christmas.

I think CPC do them as well.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

These were the Aldi ones

product but no telling when they will do them again

Reply to
Bob Minchin

£9.99 for three. Don't know about range though.

Another Dave

Reply to
Another Dave

Range is so good on the ones I've got (Previous Lidl offer) that another neighbours remote switches my light on or off sometimes!!

Richard

Reply to
Dickie Mint

If they are anything like the Aldi ones, then there is a way of changing the codes sent by the remote to stop this problem. Having changed the remote, you have to 'teach' each socket to respond to the new codes but that is easy to do.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Chap in the same barrack room as myself, many years ago, turned the fluorescent lights off with an air rifle.

Couldn't turn them back on, though....... --

Please donate to our appeal at

£165 raised so far Thanks Ian

Reply to
Ian

He was lucky to have had an air rifle. Nowadays he'd have to use a bow and arrow.

Rob Graham

Reply to
Rob Graham

Hi Superswitch used to sell a remote control dimmer switch would that do? I use a redundant ceiling fan remote but may be to expensive at around £30 a pop.

CJ

Reply to
cj

Thanks for info.

Knowing how to describe them I got them off E-Bay

Colin

Reply to
Colin Jackson