Reluctant Door Handle

I have a pair of handles fitted to an external door. I need to remove the lock but am unable to remove the handles to facilitate this. I can't figure out what is holding the handles on as there are no obvious fixings. There are two plastic 'plugs' on each handle which I thought, if removed, would release them. They only move outward about 0.5cm before they stop though. I don't want to force them as that will damage them. Anyone seen this type before and able to let me in on the secret of getting them off?

There is an image at:

The 'plugs' are at A & B.

TIA

Mel W.

Reply to
Astral Voyager

Last time I removed a similar handle it was like this... pull the plugs out as before and using a screwdriver (or similar) ease the aluminium cover off the handle body and this will reveal the fixing screws.

HTH

John

Reply to
John

But not until you've got your allen keys out to remove the handles. There should be a little allen grub screw on the bottom of the shaft of the handle that attaches the handle to the latch spindle (can just see it in the pic).

Reply to
Aardvark

No. There is no grub screw (I would have been very embarrassed if there was). Must just be an artefact you can see on the image. There are no obvious fixings - screws, pins, circlips, etc.

Mel W.

Reply to
Astral Voyager

That's the way I expected them to work. They don't seem to want to play the game though. It may just need more brute force than I am comfortable using.

Mel W.

Reply to
Astral Voyager