Recommendation for a laser level?

Hi - considering a cheap (say less than 40) laser level to help me line up a room where I'm tiling every wall, and alos ready for one or two other jobs I've got in the pipeline. Never used one before so has anyone got any recommendations out of the recognised brands?
Also - not entirely clear on what they actually offer. Do they actually PROJECT a line or just a spot? I assume rotary ones spin constantly and project a line right around a room? One that fits a conventional camera tripod (which I already have) is preferred.
Any help/explanation appreciated. Midge
Midge wrote:

Some just produce a spot. Some produce a spot but have a number of plug-in convertors* that turn the dot into a line, or two lines at right angles. These sometimes allow the line to be angled other than horizontal or vertical. *These sometimes cost extra or are not available.
The rotary ones are often self-levelling. Some come with googles with filters so that the spot/line can be seen more clearly.
I bought a very cheap non-rotary one that came with a tripod. It does take a minute or so to manually level it. That could be annoying if I had to use it a lot - but I don't so it's fine.
The adaptor to produce two lines at right angles is the one I most use.
So, for me, I would suggest getting a cheap non-rotary with a crossed lines adaptor and filtered goggles. It has proven itself time and time again. If you are going to be doing a lot - then the rotary one certainly saves time. But a rotary one without the crossed lines - nah.
HTH
--
Sue

Many thanks for the explanation Sue. I'm in the same boat - it's one of those things I'll use just occasionally so I'm willing to compromise on features if it just gets the job done faster than several hours with a spirit level!
I picked a new Ryobi one up on e-bay today for 19 inc postage which is a tenner cheaper than the same item in Screwfix so I reckon I can't go wrong at that!
Cheers, Midge.