Real Wood Floor & Urea Stain, Help Please !!

This may seem a strange question, but here goes. We have a real oak floor in the bathroom, waxed regularly. Sadly my ill Father in Law has been staying recently and we have just noticed a nasty black stain on the wood has developed under the bath mat!
Clearly a reaction of urine and the wood/wax polish. I have tried washing it off with no success.
Any suggestions of how to clean this off. The last resort will be to sand it but I would prefer not to if possible.
Thanks in advance. John
On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 21:07:53 +0100, John Markham wrote:

I have found a strong biological washing powder solution gets rid of organic stains like urine quite effectively. I've only used it for that purpose on a concrete floor, so I don't know what it would do to a waxed wooden one.