Reagarding Panel Pins when planing doors

In a previous post (now closed) it was said: "Plane in from each end towards the middle. Planing along and off the end will splinter the end. Watch out for panel pins in the door - nicked the blade of my power plane doing that(!)."
Question is:How to avoid those panel pins!!!???? Help, blade now nicked due to this !!! TIA
Add pictures here
✖
eevoob wrote:

Most power planers have reverseable blades if this does happen ie they're sharpened on both sides.
If you need new blades you'll aquire them from here.
http://www.machinemart.co.uk/ranges.asp?g 5&r!12
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Add pictures here
✖
Damn! forgot to say...
If you want to avoid nails whilst planing buy a cheap livewire/metal detector
--

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?cId ¢35331&ts`071&id739
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Add pictures here
✖
Thanks for the reply....
However, the question is: What do I do about them!! I need to plane the door below them!!??? So how do I do this ??
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:

Add pictures here
✖

you use a pin punch and knock them in 3 or 4 mm now plane a few mm repeat as neccessary dont plane through the edging strip
breeze
Add pictures here
✖

When I went to buy some new blades for mine, I found I could get a complete new planer plus a spare set of blades for less than two sets of blades for mine. Why not buy a chuck-away planer every time you need new blades?
Rob Graham
Add pictures here
✖
Rob graham wrote:

What! you can buy a planer for £4.50?
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Add pictures here
✖

No, but when I was looking, the blades were over £10.
Rob
Add pictures here
✖