Re: Painting pictures on wood

Thanks Steve
That sounds really good for painting something in a single colour and I'll keep a note of it for future reference. But for this project, I need a big range of different (mainly pastel) colours, so that's why I'm hoping to be able to use water colours on a matte base.
I tried an experiment today with a piece of bare wood. Gave it a coat of emulsion and when it was dry I painted a blob of water colour on top. Then after that dried I finished it off with clear nail polish (nearest thing I had to varnish!). Seems ok, so I think I'll give it a go.
Elaine

Thanks G
Glad I read this before I started with my emulsion! I've found a box of acrylic paints in Argos for 12.99, but a search on Kelkoo for plasticoat doesn't return any finds. Do you remember where you bought it from please?
Thanks
Elaine
Hi Elaine
Yes, if you need several colour's it isn't a good choice, it isnt cheap as well.
I am sure that I have seen plasticote in either B&Q or Focus
HTH Steve

On 2005-11-24 07:46:35 +0000, "Elaine"
It's Plastikote BTW.
--

Cheers

Derryck

that:
like
please?
All B and Qs and Focus's etc and gor the cheapest wilkinsons. stock it. Most art shops also sell kits for doing this sort of thing, I later found out.
Regards G