Re-fitting toilet

I mean to remove toilet completely to allow joiner to install 'Wet wall' for me .At present there are two poly extension pieces that connect the toilet discharge to the metal drain pipe.I happened to be chatting to the plumber when he installed the toilet a few years ago and when he rammed the toilet pan outlet into first poly extension I mentioned that it slide in very easily and he said 'I put some ???? on the joints'or words to that effect.I did not catch what he said and did not want to be too nosey and ask again.I take it that it was some sort of liquid sealant and as I will be refitting the toilet myself could someone please tell me what he is likely to have used.

tab

Reply to
Tab

Fairy Liquid?

Reply to
Palindrome

Thanks Sue, I wanted to be sure that I did use anything that may damage the rubber seal.

Reply to
Tab

He most likely used silicon grease or washing up liquid to lubricate the pan connector. Sealers of any kind would not normaly be required.

As the poly connectors are several years old it would be wise to fit new ones when replacing the pan, they are cheap enough and would probably come with a sachet of lubricant.

Reply to
Heliotrope Smith

'Lubricant-Gel' is what you need. Screwfix do a flo-Past tub at £9.49, which is probably far more than you need but you should be able to get a small tube from somewhere like B&Q.
Reply to
Farmer Giles

Marley Plumbing and Drainage sell Universal Silicone Lubricant SZ100 for connecting plastic drainage pipes. It comes in a small 100g bottle and is stocked by B&Q. Iin my local store, it was near the plastic soil pipes. Think it was about £6.

Reply to
Dennis Becker

A wipe with a bar of damp soap will do. The soap will wash away and leave the connector gripping the pan. The Silicone Lubricant won't wash away, and the connector won't ever grip the pan.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel