Re Ceiling crack

We have had a crack in the kitchen ceiling for ages and fill it every odd year.
Somewhere along the line I seem to remember someone saying there is a useful product possibly at B & Q. It is a strip that you peal off and looks like gauze. Once on you can then paint over it and the crack is no more.
Can anyone say if this works well .
Many thanks
Dee
Deebrief wrote:

something is moving either the building is moving with the time of year or perhaps that the floor above is inadequately supported. Scrim tape might help but not if things are on the move.
Bob
We think we know there is movement up in the ceiling probably caused when the bathroom above was refitted.
Also a local plasterer said the plaster board was pinned up in the late 60's and should have been screwed up.
Now it would be awkward to screw up as there are plastic tubing running all under the tiled bathroom floor and it would be hard to locate the rafters safely !!!!!!
Cheers
Dee

Deebrief wrote:

Did he say that if that was done, then brass or galvanised screws should have been used?
I was around then and *never* screwed plasterboards - always used what was called then (and still is), galvanised platerboard nails to fix it.
As matter of interest, I use painters caulking (similar to silicone mastic but paintable) for filling in such cracks with good success.
Cash