Re Beading

I have recently had to put some thin beading on an outside door. However when the small pins were used near the end of the beading it split the wood.
Is there some decent wood glue out there that would do a decent job ?
Thanks
Dee

Normal wood glue joints would need to be clamped for a few hours, and would be impractical in this case. You could use a safety pin and bend the point out away from the clasp, then use the body of the pin as a handle. Apply a good spot of superglue, (or another type of instant glue) to the point, and insert it into the split, then close up the split for a few seconds by applying pressure with something like a blunt screwdriver until the superglue holds.

You would be better to use draught excluding strip not beading.
Use gaffer tape to hold in position till glue is set
Colin

If you pre-drill the beading with a tiny drill bit then the beading won't split when tapping in the panel pins, this is what I did when replacing a plywood panel in my back door.
Stephen.
--
http://www.stephen.hull.btinternet.co.uk
From the Wirral Peninsula.
snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com wrote:

If you dont have a small drill bit to hand, just cut the head off one of the nails and use that in a drill to make a hole. It works surprisingly well.
Bob
On 24/07/2011 12:35, Deebrief wrote:

Any of the No Nails type products would do the job.