Re: Any Wired Burglar Alarm Recommendations?

Well under 500 for a wired system - more like 250, bearing in mind there's no need to alarm the upper floor at all unless there's a flat roof nearby. Just fo the perimeter and a couple of the downstairs rooms, that's sufficient. Make sure it's NACOSS.
I had an alarm fitted by an alarm co engineer as a Homer. Works for a major alarm/security company. He charged 300.
Fitted 2 keypads, 2 PIR's, 3 sets of door contacts and a window shock sensor in a 3 bed end of terrace.
Its not the parts you pay your money for though, its the time taken to fit it and do a decent job of hiding wires etc
Steve

Thanks for that. I don't suppose he was in the Nottingham area was he Steve?
Steve

Thanks for the sound advice Alex. I went for the Texecom Veritas system and the parts came to around 150 - our sparks has fitted it - but we have yet to commission it - not looking forward to that - the installation manual isn't the most helpful for non-alarm pros :)
Steve