Rawplug Interset Plasterboard fixings - how to get them out ?

These are the ones which expand outwards and towards the rear side of the plasterboard as the screws are tightened for the first time.

I now need to remove them and the only thing that I can think of is to put a screw in a little of the way and then try to hammer them back to their original 'long' shape before trying to pull them out. However, I could end up spoiling the wall even more in the process and I'm sure that someone here knows a better way to do this. Any advice please ?

Thanks

Reply to
Kev

They are little bastards. If you are removing them to paint your wall and do not need them again then do not try to remove them. Knock them below plaster level and polyfilla over the top of them.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadworth

Or drill them out.

Reply to
Harry Stottle

In article , Harry Stottle writes

The core has a lot of metal, I'd be inclined to try and pinch in the surface tabs (mole grips or high leverage pliers) then punch them through before filling the hole.

Reply to
fred