rare tap washers.

Hi, i live in north london Finchley Central area. My bath taps need new washers, but these taps seem to be some rarely seen type, and i suspect i will need a well stocked suppliers to get the right washers.

does anyone know of a good supplier for tap washers in North West London please? thanks.

Reply to
jw 1111

What's special about them? Care to describe them?

Reply to
Alasdair

thanks for your response. they are ordinary in the shape, but the size is a bit odd. since they were replaced with a bit of difficulty a long time ago. the washers were not bought locally and rather stupidly we now forget where exactly.

Reply to
jw 1111

Take an old washer to one of the following Finchley plumbing supplies companies;

Unless you plan moving soon it might be worth buying some spares. As my old mum used to say, they won't each much.

Reply to
Phil Anthropist

You could probably make your own washers by cutting a piece of leather to suit. You may need two thicknesses.

Rob Graham

Reply to
Rob graham

Are you sure she used to say this?

Rob Graham

Reply to
Rob graham

You can "overhaul" a tap by fitting a new top assembly (from the tap washer upwards). These tap "assemblies" have non-standard rubber washers. Homebase used to supply these washers. Could these be the ones you need?

Sylvain.

Reply to
Sylvain VAN DER WALDE